If you’re reading this post, chances are you are preparing yourself for one of the hottest social media trends of all time!
I applaud you for that – it’s always great to try new things : )
7 Steps to Setup Your Threads Account
You’ll need an Instagram account to create a Threads profile. Here’s how:
1. Go to your Instagram app, click the menu icon, and check if Threads is available for you to download.
2. Click “Get Threads“. You’ll be redirected to download the app to your phone, and once it’s successfully installed, you can proceed to login with your Instagram account.
3. If you have more than one account, click “Switch accounts“ and choose the one you’re going to start Threads with.
Add in your other Instagram accounts by signing in separately.
Meaning, you need to log out from the existing one, go to “Switch accounts” and choose your other Instagram account.
4. In the Profile section, you can choose to import straight from Instagram or type out your new Bio manually.
I chose to import, so my Threads account is ready.
5. Click “Next.” Select the privacy settings for your Theads profile, which can be different from your Instagram profile.
Meaning, you can choose public for your Instagram account but private for your Threads profile, or vice versa.
6. Click “Next“ and “Join Threads.”
7. You will be prompted to follow all the accounts you follow on Instagram.
You can choose to follow them all, manually select them to follow, or you can always decide later.
Yay! So now you’re ready to create your first Threads post.
You can write up to 500 characters, including links, photos, and videos up to 5 minutes long.
I chose to share my YouTube video link as my first post.
You can also choose who can reply to your Threads: Anyone, Profiles you follow, or Mentioned only.
Here’s the video walkthrough (click here if the video fails to load):
Now, here comes the big question…
Why should you start using Threads?
For me, the answer is simple:
“With all of the AI automation out there and the lack of empathy on various social media sites, we all longed for a new and positive change – to rebuild human connections.” – wchingya.com
That’s what social networking is all about.
Threads is simple to use and conversations can happen anywhere.
With people still relatively new on Threads and still figuring it out, you have a higher chance of connecting with like-minded people.
Users are kinder, more open to ideas/connections, and less demanding as well.
But of course, once the dust has settled, who knows what will happen?
Call me an optimist, but I think Threads is worth the shot.
And so far, I’m enjoying it! I get to reconnect with old blogger friends online and also meet some new peers who share the same interests and niche as I do.
Truth is, we get to learn so much from one another when we have an open mind.
Why not give you and others a chance?
Besides, it’s not how the app is, is how you meant to use it.
I’ve created some video tutorials on YouTube on how to use Threads, including multiple posts, control replies, how you can repost, and so much more.
I’ll try to embed the videos within each post explaining the steps involved. But if you wish to be alerted with the latest videos, be sure to subscribe to my channel.
Are you on Threads? Let’s connect there too.